Monday, October 7, 2013

The Most Amazing Raw Carrot Muffins with Cashew Cream Icing!

It has been a very LONG time since I have blogged. I have a back log of photos and items to share with you. I try to take sometime away from the computer every now and then, as it can become very overly consuming.

To date in my get healthy journey I really want to stress,  that during this transition/lifestyle change you need to get in tune with your body.  You need to keep a log, a record of what you eat and when you feel uncomfortable, write it down. How you felt, what you ate, what was the consequences.  You really have to make sure your body is getting everything it requires. I have seen people eat raw and then have low iron - people not getting enough protein. People who are tired, and dragging. You need to do your research and find that perfect balance that works for you. Which foods work for you. By all means stay away from ALL processed foods. Make sure you read labels, if you can make it fresh, although it might take more time, might not be as convenient, your body will thank you later!  I for one have many nuts that I just can not digest, some being brazil nuts, almonds, walnuts. However, I can eat cashews and I love them! Every BODY is different. I have a hard time with vegetables that produce a lot of gas. Again you need to find that perfect balance, mixed with exercise and lots of fresh juice. I love my green juice. I drink 1L of green juice a day minimum!

I will post some green juice recipes in the next couple days!

Back to the "The Most Amazing Raw Carrot Muffins with Cashew Cream Icing!"

So I do not have exact measurements, I just took out the food processor and started to cram things into it.


Carrot Base

Fresh Carrot Pulp
Raw Cashews
Dates
1 Tsp Tumeric
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Small Piece of Vanilla Bean

Put all ingredients in food processor and mix until all mixed well. Scoop out into muffin liners.



Cashew Cream Icing

Raw Cashews Soaked 6 Hours
Juice from 3 Oranges
Cinnamon
small piece Vanilla Bean
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon

Blend until creamy! Top Muffins and place in fridge to get cold and harden, then enjoy!!!
The most amazing recipe. Got this recipe from www.FullyRawOrganic.com.


I thought after watching the video, oh it can not be that good. Well it is that good!



Simple Amazing!






2 comments:

  1. great advice! i'm trying to cut back on the vegetables that cause me gas, but sometimes it's either that or nothing, so i take raw enzymes with alpha-galactosidase (beano=) and they totally help.

    happy to see your post!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Erin. Glad to see you back blogging. Thanks for sharing the recipe and the advice. I need to get back to journaling my food. I do so much better when I write everything down.

    ReplyDelete